SUBMISSION of FULL PAPERS and ABSTRACTS
– Full paper or Abstract deadline: February 12, 2018
– Submission procedures are available below. The procedures can also be downloaded as a PDF-document (Please see link)
The ENC 2018 international conference will cover advances in all aspects of navigation technology and its applications. The technical session will be organised into both plenary and parallel sessions, including poster sessions. The conference will cover system infrastructure, signals, timing, integrated navigation, land, air and maritime applications, as well as science, safety and security issues.
The scientific committee will encourage scientists participating in international research projects (e.g. H2020, ESA) to contribute to the ENC 2018 programme. A specific session may be organised, depending on the responses to the topics proposed in the call for papers. Technical papers from practitioners and from industrial partners, institutions or companies are also welcome.
Authors are invited to submit papers dealing with recent and original work in the following areas:
Global Navigation Satellite Systems
Development and modernisation of GNSS, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou, as well as GNSS interoperability
Signals and Timing
Signals and interference, new signal in radio navigation, multi carrier phase GNSS, multipath, timing and clock, telecommunications
Assisted GNSS, network-based navigation, inertial navigation, hybridisation, sensor fusion
Urban and Land Navigation
Applications for road and rail, intelligent transportation systems, autonomous driving
Location based services, personal mobility, indoor positioning
Air and Maritime Navigation
General aviation, certification, RNAV, maritime applications
Navigation for spacecraft and space applications
Atmosphere and Environmental Sciences
Ionosphere, environmental monitoring, climate change, meteorology
Safety and Security
Search & rescue, security applications
ENC 2018 will accept full scientific papers, technical papers and abstracts:
Track 1 – Full Scientific Paper
- IEEE AESS Technical Co-sponsorship.
- Published manuscripts are included into IEEE Xplore Database and Conference Digital Program.
- Full-papers will undergo a thorough peer-review process, and only excellent accepted papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore database. Other accepted papers will be proposed in the Conference Digital Program.
- There is no pre-submission of abstracts in this track.
Track 2 – Abstract or Technical Paper
- Published abstract and/or technical paper is included in the Conference Digital Program only (i.e. not IEEE xPlore).
- Abstracts and technical papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee for correctness, and authors will be notified about the acceptance.
Authors may choose either option for submitting their paper or abstract.
- Full scientific paper Submission: February 12, 2018
- Abstract or technical paper Submission: February 12, 2018
- Acceptance Notification: March 20, 2018
- Early Registration: March 31, 2018
- Camera Ready Papers (scientific or technical) Manuscripts: April 13, 2018
- Conference: 14 – 17 May 2018
The paper may be accepted for an oral or a poster presentation. The decision of the presentation format will be made by the program committee, based on the comments from the peer reviews.
For each accepted paper an author, or co-author, must register before the paper can be presented. Only accepted, registered and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and/or submitted to the IEEE Xplore database.
AUTHOR KIT for scientific paper (peer-review)
Full scientific paper submission
The submission of a full-paper shall be in two-column format, maximum of 12 pages, as an A4 PDF file.
The final camera-ready submissions will have to go through conformity checking by the IEEE PDF Xpress to comply with the IEEE PDF requirements.
IEEE Copyright Transfer Form
Please note that only those accepted papers for which the IEEE Electronic Copyright (eCF) has been received will be eligible for presentation at the conference and inclusion in the IEEE Xplore database.
AUTHOR KIT for abstract and technical paper (standard peer-review)
Abstract, technical full-paper Submission
The submission of a Technical Paper shall be in two-column format, maximum of 12 pages, as an A4 PDF file. If you submit an abstract the maximum length of the abstract is 2 pages.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTATIONS
- Oral presentations slots are 20 minutes long in total:
- Oral presenters are asked for planning a 17 minute presentation of their paper in English language.
- An additional 3 minutes are scheduled for introduction, discussion, questions and changeover between presentations.
- Poster presentations:
- Poster paper material must fit in a space of DIN A0 (84 cm wide and 119 cm high). The poster session area will be set up with poster-boards that are of this size. Fixings to attach the posters will be available.
- The author(s) will provide all poster papers. Please ensure that your posters are readable at a distance of at least 2 metres.
- Posters must be on dispaly before the start of the poster session and an author must be present during the entire session.
- For presenting authors – please send a short biography through email to email@example.com. Alternately, you may submit a written biography to the registration desk at the conference venue.
- Please meet the chairperson before your session starts. The chairperson may require some information for introduction.
Chairs – Technical Programme Committee
Gunnar Elgered – Technical Program Chair
Per Olof Hedekvist, Technical Chair – Time and Frequency
Mikael Hägg, Technical Chair – Navigation
Peter Wiklund, Technical Chair – Positioning
Lars Ulander, IEEE-AESS representative
Jan Johansson, General Conference Chair